The Louis J. Acompora Memorial Foundation’s efforts are focused on several objectives:
- Awareness of the need for automatic external defibrillators (AEDs), particularly where our children spend most of their time – in schools
- The implementation of public access defibrillation programs
- Training of individuals in CPR and the use of an AED
- Research that will ultimately develop chest protection to protect against sudden cardiac arrest in young athletes
Through several successful fundraising endeavors, the Foundation has been able to:
- Provide funding for school districts and youth athletic organizations to purchase AEDs
- Sponsor CPR/AED training for coaches, teachers, and youth organization volunteers and other non-profit organizations
- Develop an audio/visual awareness kit, “AEDs in the School,” that explains the issue of commotio cordis and provides all the necessary information to implement a Public Access Defibrillation (PAD) program in your community. Request an awareness kit today.
- Underwrite medical research to investigate the prevention of commotio cordis
- Provide scholarships for youth lacrosse players and college-bound students
- Promote and host free heart screening programs
- Lobby for heart health and AED legislation statewide and nationally
- Partner with national sudden cardiac arrest (SCA)organizations
To help continue our efforts to save young lives, please consider making a donation or learn about other ways to support our mission.